Student Financial Services

Fall bills are mailed in June. Spring bills are mailed in November. Current balance information is always available through Self Service, our on-line web portal.

Tuition, fees, and room and board are due on the following dates:

  • Spring tuition is due December 15.
  • Summer school tuition is due May 15.
  • Fall tuition is due July 15.

If a bill remains unpaid after the due date without payment arrangements being made, a $300 late charge will be assessed. All money is credited on the day received, NOT the day mailed.

A paper statement is mailed approximately one month before the semester due date, but current balance information is always available through Self Service. Financial responsibility begins with registration for a course. A student’s failure to attend classes will not cancel his or her bill.

Payments can be mailed to our secure lockbox processing facility at:

Belmont Abbey College Student Payments
Department 720044
.O. Box 1335
Charlotte, NC 28201-1335

Belmont Abbey College will accept cash, check (cashier and personal), money orders, and most major debit/credit cards for payment of tuition, fees, and room and board. Payment plans are available. It is College policy to write the student’s ID number on the face of the check or money order to ensure accurate posting.

By submitting a check, please be aware that you are authorizing Belmont Abbey College to use information on your check to make a one time electronic debit from your account at the financial institution indicated on your check. This electronic debit will be for the amount on the check. Funds may be withdrawn from your account as soon as the same day your payment is received.

*Credit card payments made in the Business Office are subject to a convenience fee.

Yes, your account charges and balance is available through Self Service.

Yes, prior billing information can be seen within Self-Service.

Due to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), privacy rights transfer from the parent or guardian to the student once the student reaches 18 years of age or once he or she enrolls in an institution of higher learning.  This means we cannot grant direct access to student records to parents or guardians.

Payment plans are available.

First time traditional students, and current traditional students returning for a Fall semester, are required to pay a deposit before being eligible to register for class or to apply for housing.

Students with questions concerning their student account can contact the Crusader Success Hub at 704-461-7000 or visit the Hub located in the Student Commons.

Many factors can create a credit balance on a student’s account.  Credit balances are reviewed for accuracy, and any accounts due a refund are processed per the refund schedule through third party processor, ECSI. First time refund recipients will receive a paper check from ECSI, mailed to their home address, along with an email to their Belmont Abbey College email address explaining how to set up an account.  With this account, future refunds can be selected to be dispersed via direct deposit or paper check.

For students eligible to receive a refund of financial aid, the College will default to providing a disbursement of funds.  In cases where newly enrolled students are late in processing their financial aid, an initial bookstore voucher may be issued.

  • Dropping A Course
    • A student leaving a course during the Drop/Add period will incur no tuition charges for that course. A students’ transcript will not be affected.  Dropping all classes during the Drop/Add period constitutes withdrawing from the College.
  • Withdrawing From A Course
    • After the Drop/Add period has ended, a student leaving a class must formally withdraw from the course in order to receive a grade of “W”.  The student will still be liable for any associated tuition charges*.
  • Abandoning A Course
    • A student who does not formally withdraw from a class or stops attending class after the drop/add period will receive a grade of “F” for the course and will be financially responsible for all charges associated with the class.  Title IV refunds are processed based on the last date of attendance.

Traditional Students Who Pay a Flat Rate for Tuition:

During the Drop/Add period if a full-time traditional student withdraws from a course but continues attendance in other courses at the College, resulting in a “part-time” status, they will be charged accordingly. If a traditional student drops a class after the end of the Drop/Add period, but remains enrolled in the College, there is no refund for the dropped class. In addition, a student will be charged accordingly for registering for additional credits in sessions beginning at a later date during the semester.

Withdrawal from All Classes / from the College:

  • Unofficial withdrawal does not cancel an account.  A status of “Withdrawn” will not be given to any student who does not fill out the proper withdrawal forms provided by the Registrar. No withdrawals will be accepted over the telephone or via email.
  • Students withdrawing from the college during the Drop/Add period will not be charged tuition.  Room and Board will be assessed on a pro-rated basis.  All applicable fees will remain.
  • Students withdrawing from the college after the Drop/Add period will be charged 50% of tuition, room and board during the 5 business days following, and 100% thereafter.  All applicable fees will remain.

Students receiving Title IV grant and/or loan funds (Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, Federal Stafford Loan, Federal PLUS Loan) who withdraw from a class or from the College may no longer qualify for those funds.  Before withdrawing, please contact an account representative to determine the impact it will have on your student account.


It is not unusual for a student to come to college having already received counseling at home. Others may not have previous counseling experience but may have difficulty with transitioning to college or may have other issues or concerns arise while at college. In either of these circumstances, students and parents are advised to consult with Counseling Services to get information about the best options available. We can assess your child’s current needs and then link him or her with the most appropriate treatment option. Such options may include any of the following short-term individual counseling with Counseling Services and/or a referral to a qualified provider in the community. In any circumstance, parents are encouraged to offer continued support and involvement as this is often crucial to the well-being of the student.

  • If your daughter or son has a relationship with a therapist at home, she or he may want to continue that relationship and will need to make appropriate arrangements. Your child may need to be connected with a new therapist in the area. In addition, if your child is receiving treatment and medication management with a psychiatrist at home, it will be important to determine how to maintain that relationship during the academic year. The transition to college is a time when direct therapeutic support is especially valuable to students with previous psychological or psychiatric treatment. Counseling Services therefore recommends that families discuss with the student’s therapist and/or psychiatrist or other health care provider how this transition will best be handled.
  • If private insurance covers your child’s care, it is important that parents, students and the home therapist and/or psychiatrist work with that provider prior to beginning college in order to arrange for on-going care. Counseling Services strongly recommends that you and your daughter or son begin these preparations at least two months prior to arriving at college. Counseling Services can assist with resource information.
  • Homesickness is a normal response to separation from people, places and things that give you a sense of belonging. Most people experience homesickness at some point in their lives; relocation for new job, starting college, or studying abroad.
  • If your son/daughter should become homesick let them know that it is normal.  They are not inadequate, it does pass, and there are some things they can do which may help them get through some of those “sad and lonely feelings”.
  • For example, it may be helpful to suggest to your student:
    • Familiarize themselves with their new surroundings. Walk around. He/she will feel more in control if they know where buildings, classes, services are located.
    • Invite people to explore their new surroundings with them.  Making friends is a big step in alleviating homesickness.
    • Establish a routine as soon as possible. The fuller their days are, the less time they will have to feel homesick or lonely.
    • Examine your expectations. We’d all like to be popular, out-going, well-adjusted, but we’re not.
    • Don’t allow setting their goals too high or being a perfectionist create more trouble for them.
    • Learn to laugh at their mistakes.
    • Seek new opportunities. Seek out activities they are interested in where they might meet new people. Remember there are other people out there experiencing the same feelings that they are.
    • Keep in contact with family & friends. This can help them feel connected. It is also comforting to receive mail and know that they are missed. He/she may want to keep a journal as well. This can be a good way to get their feelings out rather than just ruminating about them.
  • Do something! Don’t wait for homesickness to go away by itself. Trying to ignore it only increases the chances that it will resurface as fatigue, a cold, or a headache. If he/she feels none of these efforts are working, they may want seek professional help. Call the Wellness Center at (704) 461-5081, and ask to meet with a counselor.