About Tutoring Services
Belmont Abbey College’s Tutoring Services, a branch of the Center for Student Success, consists of the STEM Learning Lab, the Writing Center, and ThinkingStorm. Our goal is to increase peer and faculty engagement with students that need additional assistance outside of the classroom.
The STEM Lab focuses on mathematics and science with an array of student and faculty tutors conducting sessions.
The Writing Center aids students in writing-based assignments. Our faculty and peer tutors are able to assist with essays in all subjects, not just English, and at any point in the writing process. From brainstorming to citations, our tutors are here to help!
Come See Us!
The STEM Learning Lab is located in the William Gaston Science Building on the first floor, adjacent to Room 111 and Room 113. Click here for the current STEM Learning Lab schedule.
The Writing Center is located in Robert Lee Stowe Hall, Room 216. Click here for the current Writing Center schedule.
To keep up with BAC’s Tutoring Services events, meet our tutors, and know what’s happening in the Student Success department, follow us on Instagram @bactutoring!
How to Make an Appointment
While we do accept walk-in’s pending tutor availability, the best way to ensure a session is to make an appointment!
- Log in to your Belmont Abbey Canvas.
- Choose the “Tutoring Options” course.
- Select “CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP: Tutoring Site” – Our ThinkingStorm platform will launch.
- Click “Start Now” on the left side under the Belmont Abbey logo.
- Choose “Book Now” for “Schedule or Cancel a Face-to-Face Tutoring Appointment.”
- Select your location, category, subject, tutor and desired session date.
- Click one of the available times and choose “Book” and “Confirm.”
For more information, please visit our “Tutoring Options” Canvas page.
Meet Our Staff
Peyton Anderson, Coordinator of Learning Support Services
Dr. Erin Jensen, Associate Professor of English & Writing Center Faculty Director
Dr. Ashley White, Assistant Professor of Mathematics and Physics & STEM Learning Lab Faculty Director
Dr. Kelly Smalenberger, Mathematics Chair; Assistant Professor, Data Analytics, Mathematics, & STEM Learning Lab Faculty Director